In our fourth grade class, we started discussing the economy. After reading various articles found on SuperTeacher and ReadWorks, we decided to dig into the topic deeper. Here are some ideas that should be useful when introducing various parts of the economy.
1. Create a concept map with the class
**Must have an username and password for videos and activities to work**
3. After watching the videos, BrainPOP has great follow up activities/questions.
4. Reflection Questions:
- What is the difference between supply and demand?
- What determines the price of an object?
- What is money and what is it used for?
- List multiple ways people can pay for goods/services.
- How can supply and demand affect the pricing of an object
- How does a business decide how to price a good or service?
5. Economy: Business Plan Project
- Students will be able to create their own business and apply their understanding of profit, producers, consumers, natural resources, and money.
- Business Plan Rubric